As a Data Center Technician (DCT) you are reporting directly to the Data Center Technicians Manager.
In this important role you are supporting the 24x7 uptime of services provided to hyperscale and colocation customers. This is achieved by operation of the technical infrastructure including mechanical, electrical, BMS, security, fire detection and suppression, and power generation systems. Specific role tasks include surveillance of the assets, overseeing contractors working on these assets, and performing regular maintenance and testing of assets in the data center.
In parallel to the above you will execute customer service requests and the delivery of customer service support including, for example, remote hands, and physical installations (rack & stack).
The DCT role supports Interxion achieving client satisfaction and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), providing incident support, handling customer requests and acting as a part of the call out team.
- Certificate as qualified electrician
- Advanced and specialized technical expertise
- 5 years of Data Center Engineering/Operations Experience
- Experience as a technician in an electrical or industrious environment
- Strong technical background in electrical and cooling systems is pre-requisite
- Skilled in electrical wiring, networks and optical fiber installations.
- Skilled in the Health and Safety aspects of such work.
- Skilled in technical documentation and administration.
- Skilled in the operational use of BMS systems.
- Novice in maintenance of technical security systems (CCTV, Access Control).
- Novice in monitoring, reporting and SLA tracking.
- Novice in the use of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Proactive mindset that focuses on 100% uptime and drives all decisions under this prerequisite.
- Well balanced personality that works well under pressure and can handle escalations calmly and competently.
- Can work independently, shows initiative and proactivity.
- Customer focused behavior.
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Capability to work precisely and follow up on tasks.
- Excellent and respectful communication with colleagues and customers (orally and written).
- Effective and precise wording for shift handovers.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Accurate and eye for detail.
- Ability to learn on the fly.
- Capability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Fluent in English, both written and orally (at least Advanced Certificate), and local language
What we can offer you
Lively, open team structures, flat hierarchies and a buddy system for quick familiarization. Permanent employment with flexible working hours and extensive social benefits (pension scheme etc.). Personal development prospects in an internationally active, rapidly growing company. Free drinks, fresh fruit every week, team events and further education opportunities for personal / team development, as well as employee events (e.g. Christmas parties).
Apply for a job