At Digital Realty, we operate at the cutting edge of the data centre industry – an exciting, fast-growing sector that offers big opportunities, whatever your background. We have the power to define the future of the digital world we live in. To make things happen. To achieve anything, we put our minds to. And that power is our people.
Join us as a Shift Engineer and you’ll help us achieve our digital ambitions, as you find your own power and put it to work.
As the world’s leading provider of premium data centre, colocation and interconnection solutions, our infrastructure stimulates the productivity, competitiveness and market reach of more than 2,300 businesses across North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We enable new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, the Internet Of Things and the Cloud. We play a huge role in changing the way people communicate, work and think. And we’ve created a diverse working environment that’s built on collaboration and performance.
All of which means you’ll discover an unrivalled chance to learn, develop and grow your career.
As a critical services Shift Engineer, you will provide the technical support that is required for monitoring, servicing, maintenance and fault-finding on critical data infrastructure and associated equipment. You will ensure a reliable and effective service delivery that meets (and exceeds) our customers’ expectations and will work to industry highest standards. Work with third party vendors who maintain chilled water, air conditioning, ventilating and other mechanical and electrical equipment, although you will perform some preventative maintenance on your own as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct planned and reactive maintenance on the building services infrastructure utilizing CMMS systems in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Conduct routine plant inspections / site checks and monitor the Building Management System, responding to issues/ anomalies / alarms found and ensuring that appropriate action is taken.
• Identify any non-compliant areas /faulty equipment and take corrective actions to address these within required timescales.
• Provide first line response to all building services infrastructure on site, escalating as necessary and calling out third party contractors where specialist knowledge/skills are required.
• Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
• Ensure that all works are carried out using a Safe System of Work with the use of an approved change management, risk assessment and method operating procedures. All works to be to industry best practice and meeting statutory compliance as required.
• To assist in the issuing of permits and take responsibility for ensuring all sub-contractors working on site are supervised to work within the agreed limitations
• Operate the Quality Management processes developed by Digital Realty in accordance with specific standard operating processes.
• Ensure the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is utilized by all engineers and all sub-contractors on site.
• Assist in the purchasing of critical spare parts and supplies as necessary as per the approval process and work to ensure that use of critical spares is tracked and stock maintained and updated.
We’re looking for:
• Recognised formal Electrical training (City and Guilds etc.)
• Knowledge of operation of critical building infrastructure (eg electrical, mechanical and fabric)
• Security Cleared to BS7858
• AP15 course (within 12 months)
• Working as a Building Service Engineer in a critical environment
• Team working
• Undertaking multi-discipline engineering tasks
• Computer literate with a good standard of IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft business
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications e.gg IT/written
• Strong customer focus
• Calm manner, able to work well under pressure
• Reading and understanding electrical drawings/circuits and assist in maintaining of same
• Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal and external customers
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Be flexible and adaptable, self-motivated and a pro-active worker
• Excellent team player
• Produce work to a consistently high standard and drive a programme of continuous improvement
• Work well under pressure and to deadlines/targets
• Lead by example at adopting company policy and procedure
• Ability to communicate with, meet and exceed targets and customers’ expectations effectively
We do more than help you find your power and make the most of it here at work. We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, including:
• Rewards and recognition for performance
• Dental care
• Wellness program
• Pension Life assurance
• Income protection
• Retail vouchers
• Restaurant discounts
• Season ticket loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• 20 days holiday, plus public holidays
What’s more, you’ll also discover a dynamic and fun working environment with a great social side too. Ready to find your power? Apply now to find out more.